The We Matter #IndigenousYouthRise COVID-19 support fund is a grant to support Indigenous youth and promote community wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Support Fund offers up to $500 for online projects that occur in Canada and are Indigenous Youth led (ages 13-30).
All you need to do is submit a short application for the event/project you want to lead! Projects must take place virtually and can include:
- Art based workshops & gatherings (beading, drumming, painting, weaving, carving, poetry, music, etc.)
- Online concerts, talent shows or performances
- Educational webinars (medicines, mental health, cultural teachings, language, Indigenous youth perspectives, etc.)
- Storytelling, video projects or podcasts
- Care packages
- Online community games, challenges & contests (social media, charades, scavenger hunts, IQ games, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, jigging, powwow, virtual sports, etc.)
- Indigenous youth advocacy (roundtables on specific issues, panel discussions, etc.)
- Skill and knowledge development training or courses (leadership, mental health training, masterclasses, etc.)
How to apply:
- The deadline to apply is June 15, 2020
- Send your questions and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org