- Coordinate with local law enforcement to ensure they know you are closing the community
- Have an emergency provisions plan in place; don't close your community if you may run out of food and essential goods.
- Ensure you have a quarantine plan in place for people returning to the community; they should self-isolate for 14 days, along with anyone living with them. Ensure that there are community members willing and able to deliver food and essential goods to isolated members.
- Communicate with your membership via all channels available to you, such as social media, phone calls, newsletters, email, and old fashioned door knocking that you are planning on closing the community, and the details of your plans.
- Contact local media to help you spread the message
- Pass a Band council resolution to put the closure in place
- Continue communicating with your members and your neighbouring communities the status of the closure daily.
Community Closure Guidelines
Topic: Guidelines, Leaders